Senior SQL DBA
- Job Ref: 6643
- Location: Dublin, Ireland
- Type: Permanent
We are currently on the lookout for a Senior SQL Server DBA to join a leading product company. You will join the Infrastructure team and will be responsible for administrating and developing a number of large-scale SQL Server database systems comprising of both high-volume transaction processing and data warehouse environments.
Day to day responsibilities include:
- Managing physical, virtualised and clustered SQL Server instances
- Ensuring the highest level of system security, reliability and performance are maintained including regular patching of all environment servers
- Performance tuning and optimisation.
- Work closely with our development and data warehouse teams to ensure production changes are checked and verified
- Managing and building a long-term database backup strategy and disaster recovery plan as the company expands
- Support the Data Warehouse team
- 6+ years’ experience in a similar role with experience of SQL Server
- Strong T-SQL programming skills
- Experience of cloud-based RDBMS systems, e.g. AWS RDS, Azure
- Solid experience managing SQL Server Availability Groups
- Knowledge of PowerShell and/or other scripting languages
- Working knowledge of Windows and Linux systems in a complex data centre environment
- Excellent trouble shooting and problem-solving skills
- Some experience on SAN configuration and management
- A forward-looking attitude to database technologies, choosing solutions that best meet our longer-term business needs
- Experience of Kafka, MySQL, Redis a nice to have
Get in touch if you feel this an opportunity that may be of interest to you and I can provide you with a more detailed spec.
Email: [email protected]
Client Requirement: Candidates must be based in Ireland and hold a valid Stamp 4, Spouse visa or have EU Citizenship!!!