Senior Software Engineer Oracle
- Job Ref: 294
- Location: Galway, Ireland
- Type: Permanent
Fidelity Investments is one of the world's largest providers of financial services. Fidelity offers investment management, retirement planning, brokerage, and human resources and benefits outsourcing services to over 20 million individuals and institutions as well as thousands of financial intermediary firms. The firm is the largest mutual fund company in the United States, the No. 1 provider of workplace retirement savings plans, the largest mutual fund supermarket, a leading online brokerage firm and one of the largest providers of custody and clearing services to financial professionals. For more information about Fidelity Investments, visit http://www.fidelity.com/.
Strategic Investment Products and Data, or SIPD, manages and supports Guidance and Planning tools, Managed Accounts offerings, and Integrated Customer Data Solutions across the Professional Services Group (PSG), Personal Investments (PI), and Workplace Investments (WI). The SIPD team comprises more than 500 technologists based in the US (RI, MA, NC, NH, TX), India, China and Ireland.
The Shared Investment Products group within SIPD is seeking a Senior Database Developer / Software Engineer to develop projects within the Guidance and Planning portfolio. The Planning & Guidance space consists of the suite of tools on Fidelity.com related to Retirement, Investing, and Planning. These tools are built on complex data stores that have direct impact on our customer and rep facing applications.
Working in collaboration with Data Architects / Analysts, the Senior Database Developer/Software Engineer will be responsible for implementing solutions to source and deliver data for the Planning & Guidance Tools. Participating in an Agile development methodology, the software engineer will perform technical design, development and testing activities.
· Design, develop and testing of software solutions
· Technical documentation
· Partnering with Architecture, Analysis and QA teams
· Troubleshooting and investigation
· Data research
· Facilitate code reviews
· Performance tuning
· Coordination of production installation of software
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working as a database developer/software engineer
- Experience with formal software development methodologies, preferably Agile
- Oracle, PL/SQL (required)
- Informatica (recommended)
- Unix/KSH (recommended)
- Problem solver
- Understanding of relational database concepts
- Team player, strong collaboration skills