Senior Software Engineer in Test-Galway
- Job Ref: 2775
- Location: Galway, Ireland
- Type: Permanent
Sr. Software Engineer in Test- Galway
We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Senior Software Engineer in Test to join the Galway team, this team comprises of 2 autonomous cross functional scrum teams of 7-8 people.
- Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or Finance from an accredited college/university
- 4-5 years demonstrated work experience or an equivalent combination of related training and experience
You will work with a team responsible for building the web presence for company institutional business. We are seeking a quality assurance engineer with a passion for engineering and test automation, we are interested in someone who is passionate about their craft and has an interest and ability to learn and develop using latest automation technologies and frameworks.
- Experience with QA processes, open source test frameworks, writing test cases, and automating tests.
- Excellent knowledge of software development life-cycle, testing methodologies, testing tools.
- Experience with Jenkins or other continuous integration systems.
- Experience with Atlassian tools & applications (JIRA, Confluence, BitBucket).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to act individually and as a team member in resolving problems.
- Experience with Web Services testing(Rest Assured, SoaTest, SOAPUI, POSTMAN, SWAGGER, Service Virtualization)
- Experience with technologies to implement automation (Eclipse, Selenium, Java, Cucumber, Protractor, TestNG)
- Agile Experience (BDD, Cross Functional Team, familiar with Agile Ceremonies)
- Familiar with SQL or similar database query technologies.
- Knowledge of test management systems including defect tracking, reporting and metrics.
- Understanding of all testing types: Unit testing, component testing, functional/acceptance tests, integration testing, automation.
A SR. SOFTWARE ENGINEER IN TEST, YOU WILL:
- Design, develop, maintain, and troubleshoot automated suites of tests to assess product quality and release readiness.
-Work with the other members of the scrum team to derive release testing requirements throughout the development cycle.
-Reproduce, debug, and isolate problems and verify fixes.
-Demonstrate ownership and accountability through self-directed task management.
-Participate in tool selection and/or construction. Previous experience with requirements, defect, functional, and performance management systems is desired.
-Design, implement and execute functional and automated test cases
-Facilitates reviews of test plans and test cases promoting continuous improvement.
-Understand and develop code in Java