Senior SharePoint Developer
- Job Ref: 4261
- Location: Dublin, Ireland
- Type: Contract
I am looking for Senior SharePoint Developers for my client an Irish consultancy company that has multiple contracts available within the financial sector in Dublin City center area for 6 months rolling contract positions.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Primarily working on the migration of SharePoint 2010 site collections to SharePoint 2016.
- Remediate and validate complex site collections post migration. Complex site collections interact with external data or services; have complex workflows, data models, web parts, custom code, third party components etc.
- Assess suitable replacements for deprecated areas or third-party components that are not available for SharePoint 2016
- Reverse engineer legacy sites & components that may not be well documented.
- Upgrade existing farm solutions from .NET framework 2.0 to 4.6
- Perform system tests on migrated site collections before hand over to Quality Assurance.
- Support Quality Assurance analysts during project test cycles.
- Support User Acceptance test cycles.
- Participate in Daily stand up and wider team communication meetings.
- Advise Delivery team on SharePoint 2016 development best practices.
- Work on all peripheral tasks of the SDLC including time and task reporting, unit testing, application of Code standards, code reviews, documentation etc.
And is important that your background is within:
SharePoint migration experience (2010-2013/2016) at an enterprise level is highly desirable.
- In-depth knowledge of SharePoint architecture and features.
- Experience of SharePoint migration tool Share-Gate.
- Experience of workflow tools, especially Nintex & SharePoint designer.
- Strong knowledge and previous experience working with .NET 2.0 - 4.6.
- Strong knowledge and previous experience using SharePoint Client Object Model in .NET code.
- Strong knowledge and previous experience in common Microsoft development tools & languages. (Visual Studio, TFS, VB, C#, ASP.NET)
- Previous experience with SSIS desirable.
If this is of interest to you do not hesitate to contact me for more details!