Senior SAP Procurement Business Analyst
- Job Ref: 2463
- Location: Kilkenny, Ireland
- Type: Permanent
A vacancy has arisen for a Senior SAP Procurement Business Analyst based in Kilkenny or Dublin offices. This is apermanent position & will report to the Manager of the SCM Centre of Excellence.
Key elements of the role
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert in the area of SAP MM Procurement.
- Evaluate business requirements, many outside of the ‘standard’ SAP template, and propose SAP functional and technical design solutions.
- Carry out sizing and resource requirements for SAP Procurement projects based on agreed design approach.
- Design, develop and deliver enhancements in the form of specific mini-projects and change requests in the SAP Procurement area.
- Act as SAP Procurement lead analyst on projects of various types – i.e. new business implementation, existing template roll-out, enhancements / integration to facilitate new business process requirements etc.
- Work with Business Unit Purchasing managers to champion and implement best-practice standard SAP P2P processes.
- Liaise with development team to define end-to-end technical and functional solutions to complex requirements.
- Recommend best-practice processes based on knowledge of current and emerging SAP capabilities in Procurement area.
- Technical mentoring and development of graduates and new joiners to the team where required.
- Provide assistance to the Application Support team in the resolution of complex support calls escalated by them.
- Gain an understanding of the Company SAP processes, configuration and enhancement points for Procurement module across our various divisions.
- Some travel to project locations will be required as part of the role – 20%.
Requirements for the role
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree in IT, Supply Chain or related discipline.
- Ideally SAP Certified in MM Procurement module for ERP 6.0.
Skills & experience
- At least seven years’ experience in hands-on configuration and development roles within SAP Procurement module.
- Experience in a Procurement lead role in at least five full-cycle implementations.
- Experience of configuration or implementation of SAP SRM or Ariba would be an advantage.
- Strong cross-functional knowledge into related MM, AP and Finance processes.
- Experience of specifying changes via SAP enhancement points around user exits, custom routines, forms, and interfaces, and ideally in debugging simple ABAP code / routines.
- Ability to display a high degree of professionalism in dealing with managers and users.
- Technically and commercially focused, high levels of enthusiasm and energy.
- A team player who has the ability to motivate others, making it fun while getting the job done.
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced, innovative environment where the focus is on continuous improvement and the challenge to make it better.
This is an excellent opportunity to develop a career in a dynamic and innovative environment that is all about making you and our business successful.
If interested, please get in touch at: 0874508796 (Alexandra).