- Job Ref: 2494
- Location: Madrid, Spain
- Type: Permanent
Do you thrive on solving complex problems? Do you enjoy diving under the surface to uncover how massively scalable systems with multiple dependencies work? If you are seeking a fast-paced environment where you can drive innovation and apply state-of- the-art technologies to solve extreme-scale real world challenges, this is your opportunity! We are creating a world class QA Organization and we need world class QAEs (Quality Assurance Engineers) to deliver on this vision.
As a QAE, you will provide both coding and testing expertise for our team, as well as be a constant advocate for our customers. Our preferred candidate possesses a high level of coding experience, combined with a demonstrated passion for software quality.
As a QAE you will be responsible for all aspects of the customer experience - from the visual interface to the back-end services. Our systems need to meet remarkably high standards of quality, performance and reliability, operating around the clock on a massive scale. You are a talented, detail oriented and enthusiastic Software Engineer who is passionate about quality and the new cutting edge technology offered to consumers. QAEs at Amazon work with Software Development Engineers (SDEs) to understand features and technical implementation. QAEs also work with groups such as Product Management, User Interaction, and Customer Support to understand customer usage models and develop test plans and suites that approximate real-world environments and regression tests and driving the software development process towards quality- centric methodologies. Our QAEs are able to understand software internals, debug code, automate repetitive tasks, and implement new tools and frameworks needed to streamline our quality process.
Coming to this company gives you the opportunity to work on a team in one of our fast-growing engineering organizations.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer or Telecommunications Engineering, or related technical discipline.
- [2+, 5+, 10+] years of QA experience.
- Ability to translate use cases and/or technical specifications into test cases.
- Ability to write code (Java, Perl, Python) for automated web testing tools, services, and frameworks (Selenium, Appium, TestNG).
- Strong skills to understand technical specifications and troubleshoot bugs.
- Effectively communicating cross-functionally and across management levels in formal and informal settings.
- Capable of digging into the business needs and translating them into QA plans and processes.
- Strong knowledge of QA methodology and tools.
- Strong organizational skills, tracking multiple test executions simultaneously and are able to synthesize the results.
Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.