Senior QA Engineer
- Job Ref: 5511
- Location: Madrid, Spain
- Type: Permanent
As part of the team you will be responsible for writing, executing and monitoring automated test suites for frontend and backend validation, as well as performing exploratory and complementary manual testing to verify the quality of the software developed by the team. You will use analytical thinking to investigate suitable root causes for defects, possible edge cases as well as evaluating performance and security considerations.
You will be responsible for managing the lifecycle of user stories, contributing to creation, estimation and refinement from a quality assurance point of view, driving the process to automate the solution testing as part of the continuous delivery build. You will be working as part of an agile team and will collaborate closely with developers to ensure the testability and quality of the system.
As part of your day work, we don’t expect you to just take a back seat but to actively work with developers to ensure the level of automated testing in place (developed by them or by you) is of enough quality and coverage to guarantee the quality of the solution as it goes through the CI/CD pipeline.
- To write, execute and monitor a set of automated tests to ensure the quality of the solutions.
- To write, execute and evaluate a set of test cases for complementing specific test scenarios.
- To analyse and translate business requirements and user stories into test cases, testing suites and testing scripts
- To create test reports for found defects and to work closely with developers to find and solve the root issue for them.
- To plan, architect and document together with other QA peers the strategy and scope of the automated test suite.
- To ensure the overall quality of the software delivered by the team, including functional and non-functional aspects and to work closely with developers in identifying and solving the detected issues.
- To work closely with the developers in isolating and identifying the root cause of defects.
- To act as a gate for quality on the CI/CD process, ensuring the products that reach production have an excellent level of quality and working with developers on the continuous improvement of that process.
- Take follow and improve the testing strategy and the quality assurance tooling and frameworks, from suggesting, researching and implementing automated testing tool to guard and improve the structure and use of the test management tools.
Technical Skills and Experience:
- At least 5 years of hands on quality assurance or software development experience.
- Extensive experience with manual testing and test management tools.
- A proven track record of testing automation, best practices, nuances and common pitfalls, including testing concepts, verification and validation techniques, defect management and risk management.
- Experience with BDD and a deep understanding of the testing pyramid and its implications in the CI/CD chain.
- 3+ years’ experience using at least one programming language (Java, Python, .NET, etc) together with automation frameworks to develop automated tests.
- Experience with software automation tools (Appium, Selenium, Serenity, Cucumber or similar)
- Experience with load and performance testing (JMeter, smartmeter.io, etc) and an understanding of load balancing, scalability, resilience and DDOS concepts.
- Experience with SQL and general database knowledge for test automation.
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse team that is geographically dispersed.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities. Detailed oriented.
- A good understanding of REST APIs and how to test them both manually and in an automated way and the tools involved in it.
- Ability to efficiently learn new tools and languages
- Desirable experience working in an agile environment (SCRUM, KANBAN, LEAN)
- Located in Europe or available to work in a CET 9 to 6, time schedule
- Fluent English and outstanding communication skills (written and oral)
- Excellent communication skills, especially in understanding requirements and explaining technical or complex concepts
- An eagerness to learn and a proclivity to take ownership for the work produced.
Workplace and Environment
- Fast paced work environment
- Role based in our offices in Madrid.
- Available to travel occasionally (10%) if required by immediate Supervisor
- Freelance contract until March 2021