Senior Network Security Engineer - Cork
- Job Ref: 2617
- Location: Cork, Ireland
- Type: Permanent
My Client, one of the largest Irish law firm, is looking to hire Senior Network Security Engineer. This permanent role is based in Cork, offering competitive salary.
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- Formal Information Technology or equivalent qualification desirable.
- Industry Certified Professional Qualifications an advantage (MCITP, MCSA, MCSE, CCNP, CCNA, CCNA Voice, VCP, RHCE)
- Minimum of 4+ years’ experience in a Technical role (Hardware, Software, Networking, Telecoms)
- Strong technical understanding of Active Directory, Server Operating Systems, Exchange, Virtualization, SAN Storage, Networking, Firewalls, VPN and SQL
- Proven ability to develop cyber security needs within a growing organisation
- Hands on approach to security needs aligned with ISO27001
- A keen interest in the latest and emerging technologies with cyber security
- Understanding of ISO, Penetration Testing, Intrusion Detection, Risk Analysis, Cloud Solutions
- Knowledge of Azure, Palo Alto, and Barracuda would be seen as an advantage
- Experience with products such as WSUS, Veeam, System Centre, VMWare would be an advantage
As the senior network and security engineer you will have a bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field. You will have 3-5 years’ experience working with networking infrastructure and WAN networks (this level of experience is intended as guidance only and does not preclude someone with more or less experience from applying for the role). You will have complete knowledge of network equipment such as routers, switches, firewalls and associated equipment. Knowledge of security systems and processes at network and endpoint level is also a key requirement.
- Lead and/or support projects and initiatives related to IT security
- Vulnerability Scanning
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of IT controls and risk management practices
- Evaluate technical and procedural controls for potential security and compliance gaps
- Assist the company to achieve and maintain ISO27001 certification through policy, procedure and document management.
- Installation and Maintenance of Server Infrastructure including hardware maintenance and server patching.
- Installation, Configuration and maintenance of core networking equipment
- Maintain Palo Alto firewalls, cryptography systems, Meraki and all network host security activities
- Responsible for wireless connectivity for the company
- Maintaining comprehensive documentation describing the MAN, LAN or WAN layouts
- Assists with the acquisition and installation of new network hardware
- Maintain business continuity environment in Azure
- Practice network asset management, including maintenance of network component inventory and related documentation and technical specifications information