Senior Network Security Engineer
- Job Ref: 2423
- Location: Dublin, Ireland
- Type: Permanent
Do you see yourself as a key team member of one of the worlds most successful ICT Services and Solutions companies? My Client is looking to hire Senior Network Security Engineer for role based in Dublin North.
If you are an experienced Network Engineer, this is a great permanent career opportunity to develop your skills and experience with one of the world’s most successful ICT Services and Solutions companies. You will be responsible for the design, implementation and maintenance of network systems including firewalls and infrastructure. Remote management of network systems and network review of ICT infrastructure is also a key feature for this role.
- Manage and administer network environments within SLA, defining improvements and implementing changes to meet service level requirements.
- Develop security architectures and controls, review designs, develop security documentation for different projects and identify and address risks.
- Lead technical implementation of small to medium infrastructures and technical designs including producing cost and timescale estimates and identifying risks. On larger projects work with lead architects to meet customer requirements.
- Work within a team as a security specialist helping to define and implement technical best practice. Ensure effective planning and implementation of network solutions.
- Establish working relationships with the customer at the appropriate technical and / or management level, to understand the requirements of the customer’s business in order to deliver and enhance the service.
- Take ownership for obtaining the information required to diagnose and resolve complex network problems. Engage with third parties to jointly resolve in-depth product issues where necessary.
Required Education and Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a heterogeneous network and security environment
- Relevant Cisco Network and Security certifications (CCNA, CCSA or equivalent)
- Installation, management and troubleshooting of Cisco switches, routers and Cisco, Juniper or Checkpoint firewalls
- In-depth and hands on experience in network security technologies; Web-Proxies, IDS/IPS, Firewalls, VPN (SSL & IPsec), EIGRP, OSPF, BGP and mBGP etc. Routing, Switching
- Understanding of security principles that span from network to application layers
- Sound understanding and experience with protocols/technologies such as: TCP/IP, HTTP(S), TLS/SSL, IPSec, 802.1x
- Technically proficient in maintaining and operating network equipment and their associated services and applications
- Experience troubleshooting issues while interacting with vendor technical support
- Knowledgeable of network industry trends and todays IT security challenges
- Experience configuring Remote Access, Radius and Two-Factor Authentication
- Working experience with UNIX, Linux and Windows OS
- Experience with Syslog, Splunk, and security monitoring tools
For the Successful Candidate:
- An opportunity to develop your skills with one of the world’s most successful ICT Services and Solutions organisations
- Learning and progression prospects in a challenging environment
- Competitive salary with industry leading benefits to cover health insurance, life assurance and pension
Unfortunately, we can’t offer sponsorship for this role so you must have valid Visa to work in Ireland.