Senior Network Engineer
- Job Ref: 6131
- Location: Gorey, Ireland
- Type: Permanent
We are currently seeking a Cisco Network Engineer to work as a part of our team. The ideal candidate will be perform a mix of project and service related tasks and will also be the lead on the development of a new communications offering to clients.
We are currently seeking a Senior Network Engineer with Cisco expertise to work as a part of our Professional Services team. The ideal candidate will bring expertise In Cisco technology up to CCNP level and be provided with an opportunity to become a Subject Matter Expert in our Cisco WebEx solution. The role will challenge the technical expertise of the successful engineer, working across our other Unified Communications Technology offerings and training other members of the team.
The successful candidate will be performing a mix of project and service-related tasks as part of our IT Solutions Team, serving as an implementation expert and a technical advisor to both company & clients. While working with our team you will personally take the lead on the development of a new communications offering to clients. We will provide industry leading training opportunities through our Premier partnership with Cisco to ensure that we develop our successful candidate to achieve their full potential.
The Network Engineer will participate in the planning, design, implementation, and support of the network across all clients
- Technical development of a communications solution using Cisco WebEx Calling technologies.
- Network planning, performance tuning and troubleshooting.
- Provide support on issues escalated from our service team on customer networks.
- Designing and implementation of solutions based on IP routing protocols including BGP, OSPF, IP Multicast.
- Maintain up to date network diagram, standard, documentation for all clients detailing configuration of deployed solutions.
- Install, document, implement and support of the client networks
- Resolve operational issues involving routers, switches, and firewalls in a multi-vendor environment.
Required competencies and experience
- 3-4+ years’ experience in Layer 2 technologies, routing, and switching in an enterprise environment.
- Significant Cisco and Meraki experience, Infrastructure/Networked environments with hardware (routers, switches, firewall, etc.), software (IOS, NX-OS), network security practices, designing, planning and implementing LAN-MA.
- Demonstrate proficiency with the provisioning and troubleshooting of LAN/WAN connectivity technologies.
- Experience in working with Cisco WebEx Calling or Cisco UC systems will be very advantageous
- Drive operation excellence and growth of the company through strong skills and experience in data network technologies: OSPF, BGP, VRRP, MPLS, VPN, VLAN, Trunking, EtherChannel and QoS.
- Comprehensive hands-on experience with LAN/WLAN/WAN technologies.
- Comprehensive hands-on experience with Cisco routers, Catalyst switches, Cisco ASA 55xx security devices,
- Linux, Asterisk and VoIP knowledge would be beneficial.
- CCNA, CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, CNMA qualifications would be advantageous
- Knowledge of virtualisation platforms
- Customer service oriented with a desire to interact with clients, staff, and management teams.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills, with passionate attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritizing multiple objectives and initiatives.
- A desire and ease in establishing credibility with non-technical leaders via excellent communication skills and business acumen.
Excellent salary and bens package on offer