Senior Network Administrator
- Job Ref: 5608
- Location: Dublin, Ireland
- Type: Permanent
I am seeking an experienced Network Administrator to manage the network. We currently consist of local datacenters at HQ as well as an offsite primary datacenter. We also have a presence and network infrastructure in several locations across the country which connect to datacenters. We have a significant IT presence in Bahrain and Dubai. Our network components primarily consist of Cisco Routers, Switches, Wireless controllers as well as Cisco Unified Computing Systems. We also have Cisco and Checkpoint Firewalls. IT have a significant VMware, Hyper V and Azure environment.
Network Administrator Role:
- Work Closely with department managers to advise on current and future technologies, best practices and configurations.
- Configure and maintain the network infrastructure to ensure that daily operations are uninterupted
- Network Administrator will need to work with local IT professionals in global locations to provide guidance and advice as well as helping to configure and rollout solutions in these locations where possible.
- Propose technology, processes and projects to enhance IT ability to offer value services to users.
- Work with Third party vendors and partners to deliver solutions and troubleshoot leverage network infrastructure. Work with security partners to remediate reported vulnerabilities or reported threat events.
- Report on current capacity and report on required infrastructure to meet potential future capacity growth and review network structure and addressing reporting network status at IT infrastructure meetings.
- Implement best practice security measures such as Threat management, Intrusion detection and inspection technologies as well as implementing posture assessment policies for users and devices. Apply tested patches to address any security vulnerabilities in the network infrastructure and be able to upgrade platforms to latest supported versions.
- Work with and help to develop IT policies. Adherence to and participation in Change Approval Board process and decisions is required.
- Provide third level support to junior IT team members.
- Work with system administrator to ensure there is handover and supervision to system administrator to provide basic network administrator cover
- Troubleshoot operational network problems
Experience and Qualifications
- Relevant Network Qualifications: CCNA/CCNP Routing and Switching and CCNA/CCNP Security Preferred,
- Experience administering and managing large geographically dispersed enterprise networks.
- Work with Azure based network configurations and Azure resident firewalls.
- Effective proven ability to solve complex problems.
- Must be able to work on own initiative and be able to show experience of delivering complex IT projects.
Required technological skills.
- Knowledge and experience with Cisco IOS, IOS-XE, AirOS.
- Citrix Netscaler: To provide access to citrix Xen environment as well as using Netscaler capability as a load balancing device for services.
- Configure Identity Service Engine to facilitate authorised access to network services and corresponding network policies.
- Configure and manage Advanced Malware Protections and Firepower to provide network to end user threat protection
- Configure MSE and CMX to monitor devices on our network
- Cisco enterprise Wireless Lan Controllers (AIrOS and IOS-XE) maintenance and configuration.
- Cisco Prime to facilitate reporting and monitoring of Cisco estate.
- Experience with Router protocols BGP, OSPF and EIGRP.
- Experience managing clustered Cisco Firepower 4120, 4110 vFTD (Local and Azure based).
- Creation of VLANs.
- Creation of DHCP scoped on Windows Servers.
- Managing Citrix Xen environment.
- Experiencing planning rollout of ipv6 Networks.