Senior Linux Administrator
- Job Ref: 2875
- Location: Dublin, Ireland
- Type: Permanent
My client is Europe’s leader in digital entertainment. At the moment is urgently looking to hire Senior Linux Systems Administrator to join its Tech Ops Team. This permanent role is based in South Dublin offering competitive salary.
Your primary focus will be on company’s Linux servers in the 24/7 AWS production as well as staging environments. You will also be occasionally required to help out with Linux workstation support.
What will be your main responsibilities?
- Manage Linux servers in AWS and our corporate HQ.
- Manage user accounts and privileges.
- Monitor and maintain high availability systems.
- Develop and maintain scripts for systems automation.
- Investigate issues, working through to resolution.
- Upgrades and improvements to systems architecture.
- Document planning, processes and procedures.
- On call rota.
What skills are required?
- 4-6 years of applicable experience.
- Bash; must be able to write and troubleshoot scripts.
- Knowledge of common network applications and protocols, and their behaviour at system and network level.
- Experience designing secure, scalable & highly available enterprise solutions.
- Must already know what a 302, a CSR, a SYN, and an ARP are.
- MySQL solid understanding of configuration, queries, and user management. Need to be able to understand explains and identify possible performance issues.
- Nginx, virtual servers, back and forward proxies, etc.
- AWS architecture and web UI administration for VPC, RDS, EC2, ElastiCache.
What other skills / knowledge might help mi to get this job?
- AWS Solutions Architect Certification
- Python for scripting (boto)
- MySQL extended knowledge (engines, replication, etc.).
Unfortunately, we cannot offer sponsorship for this role so you must have valid Visa to work in Ireland.