Senior Linux Administrator
- Job Ref: 2263
- Location: Galway, Ireland
- Type: Permanent
The Application Lifecycle Team is looking for Senior Linux Administartor. The ALM is responsible for the design, implementation, and development of application lifecycle solutions to support the software development of Company’s IT systems.
The ALM team works closely with development and QA organizations in various offices to address their needs through the delivery of optimal ALM solutions from requirements tracking, source code management, defect, and test case management to build management including continuous integration and release artifact management.
The ideal candidate for this role will provide guidance and oversight in planning, organizing and coordinating Enterprise-driven infrastructure initiatives. This role will coordinate infrastructure related activities for the ALM team across multiple data centers in addition to overseeing the process of provisioning, obsolescence management, patching and other related activities. This is a pivotal role in facilitating the growth of the ALM solutions and requires a track record of successfully managing large-scale infrastructure deployments interfacing with multiple infrastructure groups.
This role requires a well-organized, structured, process-driven individual to oversee all aspects of infrastructure provisioning and maintenance for the team. The candidate will work with technology partners to ensure timely delivery of commitments. Infrastructure metrics reporting, disaster recovery planning & participation and communication of platform/partner/customer activities is core to the role.
This is primarily a systems engineering position with some elements of support which encompasses all phases in Application Lifecycle Management. The ideal candidate would have strong systems engineering background with hands-on experience using Linux / UNIX application installations and configurations along with an understanding of agile development methodologies. The position requires a strong background in systems engineering, release engineering, the Unix / Linux and Windows operating system, application development and QA testing support, the desire and ability to learn new technologies and tools and the ability to work closely with diverse teams of software engineers, QA testers and business partners. Strong communication and customer relations skills are a must.
Desired Skills and Experience
Education and Experience
- Bachelor level degree in Information Technology, Business Information Systems or similar discipline.
- 5+ years’ experience in a similar role.
- Administration with Linux/Unix based enterprise applications.
- Unix/Linux operating systems including shell scripting (Perl or Python or Ruby scripting).
- Unix/Linux tools installations and configurations including network knowledge and database experience (Apache, Tomcat, HTTP, Oracle, MySQL).
- Administration with Windows based enterprise applications.
- Software development experience including using Agile methodologies.
Skills and Knowledge
- Strategic and creative thinker with strong problem solving skills.
- Attention to detail: dedication to quality and excellent documentation skills are key.
- Demonstrated experience of working on multiple projects concurrently.
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers over the phone.
- Team Player.
- Advanced communication and collaboration skills.
- Professional attitude with ability to lead and work as part of a creative team.
- Experience working with global teams (esp. India); ability to influence as well as providing guidance and communication to such teams.
- Hands-on work style.
- Proactive in nature: can-do attitude
Experience with the following is desirable
- Experience working with agile development methodologies.
- Familiarity with QA and Project Management processes and/or tools.
- Collaboration tools such as Confluence or other wiki tools.
- ALM application experience (Stash, Jenkins, uDeploy, Jira, Artifactory, Sonar) desirable.
Do you feel that this role might be just perfect for you? Don’t hesitate and send your CV to John right now! [email protected]