Senior Java Engineer
- Job Ref: 2821
- Location: New York, United States
- Type: Permanent
I have a Senior Java position with a large financial company in New York. The candidate will be part of the Research Analytics Technology team and focusing on the development of their Index management system
- Be a key team member in application design, development and support for all internal/external clients.
- Apply technical skills in J2EE technology, Object Oriented Programming, Database and a Client/Server infrastructure.
- Apply analytical and technical skills in data processes to provide daily service and support for business sponsors.
- Enhance existing calculation engine and enrich its capacity to provide calculations for different types of financial instruments and different analytics and
- Perform application design, data mining, and system infrastructure upgrades
- Participate in project planning sessions with the business sponsors and team members to analyze business requirements and outline the proposed solutions.
- Participate in design reviews and provide input to the design recommendations and information/data flow
- Participate in code reviews and ensure that all solutions are aligned to predefined architectural specifications
- Identify/troubleshoot application code-related issues.
- Over 5 years of Core Java and J2EE experience
- Spring framework and MVC design/development
- Excellent Sybase/Oracle and Database design, SQL
- Object-oriented design and coding practices / Design Patterns
- BA or MS degree in Engineering, Computer Science or Information Technology
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Knowledge of Fixed Income products.
- Experience with web application development and technologies