Senior Java Engineer
- Job Ref: 1793
- Location: Dublin, Ireland
- Type: Contract
- Design, develop, maintain, and deliver highly scalable and reliable software using standalone Java and web technologies.
- Collaborate w/ other engineers and product owners to analyze, design, and implement user stories using an agile methodology.
- Write high-quality software code that complies w/ design specifications and meets development and support requirements.
- Develop unit tests and test changes using an agile methodology.
- Use a variety of tools to perform unit testing, automated builds, and source control.
- Participate as a member in Agile teams, and work w/ other team member to review user stories, estimate and create sprint backlogs, participate in sprint reviews, demos and retrospectives.
- Agile Software development process experience (scrum, kanban, xp, etc..),
- Strong experience in Java technologies.
- Hands on experience in Servlets, JSP, EJB/JPA and one or more frameworks like Spring (preferred) or Struts.
- Experience in developing REST services using Resteasy, Java Jersey or JAX-RS.
- Experience in one of the following ORM tools Hibernate, JPA.
- Experience in at least one of the following source control tools: git, Mercurial and build automation tools such as Ant, Maven or similar.
- Experience in at least one of the following integrated development environments: Eclipse, IntelliJ, IBM RAD, or JDeveloper.
- Prior J2EE application development experience on Tomcat, JBoss Application Server/SOA-P or other similar J2EE application server.