Senior Java Developer (Contract-Dublin)
- Job Ref: 3865
- Location: Dublin, Ireland
- Type: Contract
Our Client, a leading provider of social recognition solutions, is looking for a Senior Java, someone that gets a kick out of developing high quality code, is driven to constantly seek out improvements and collaborate across teams.
This client has been awarded Great Place to Work for the last 6 years, based on their employee feedback.
Location: Dublin 12.
Duration: 6 months contract
Timetable: 9-5.30pm (Monday-Friday)
Some of the responsibilities you’ll be doing on the role are the following:
- Working with a distributed development team to deliver continuous projects that will enhance our SaaS platform capability.
- It’s an agile environment so you will take a user story and run with it from start to finish.
- Attending sprint planning & grooming sessions, daily stand-ups and retrospectives with our technology teams (Dev, Automated QA, UX/UI, Product).
- Working with our DevOps and Architecture teams to move to a continuous deployment model.
- Contributing to solutions & having full involvement in the changes (not just follow a template) e.g. drive OOP best practices.
- Good Database application development experience with SQL or no-SQL databases.
- Experience in development of integration components using JMS, Web Services(REST) and Camel
- Experience in mentoring other developers across distributed development teams.
- Experience with git or other version control tools.
- Experience with automated testing frameworks and knowledge of Linux and shell scripting is an advantage.
- Well used to working in an Agile development environment.
- Full stack development experience - an advantage.