- Disciplined approach to Java software development / coding.
- Working in second-line support for application incidents, resolving incidents by putting in place workarounds to enable the business to continue functioning and by implementing bug fixes if necessary.
- Specifying changes and implementing these changes to resolve recurring problems within software applications.
- Advising in the analysis of business requirements and the selection of technical solutions for small developments, executing these small developments and carrying out enhancements on software applications, to solve business problems and enhance functional performance to satisfy internal customers.
- Working to agreed timelines to deliver high quality software solutions together with technical documentation.
- Working closely with business and technical subject matter experts to understand functional requirements that can be distilled into technical specifications.
- Participating in technical design/code reviews to help establish and promote best practice and guidelines.
- Comply and adhere to all operational support processes.
- Develop and maintain support documentation in accordance with company standards.
- Specifying changes to resolve defects or recurring problems within applications. Carry out application improvements, to yield fault-free and robust Java applications.
- Continuously adopt a pro-active approach to ensure application reliability and availability.
- Selecting the best solution for the internal customer maintaining a balance between price and quality.
- Developing test plans, documentation and testing, to continuously improve the application.
- Assisting business users during the acceptance test of the software to ensure the application runs with optimal performance and customers are satisfied.
- Document and deliver documentation on the lessons learned and problem analysis of incidents that happen.
- Following Change Management and Quality Assurance processes to ensure full compliance with the LeasePlan Software Development Lifecycle process and standards.
- Provision of work item estimates and weekly status reporting to line manager.
- Managing administrative duties, such as Clarity Time Recording, LANDesk (Service Desk) ticket documentation effectively and in a proactive way.