The Senior Information Security Analyst is responsible for understanding and providing appropriate surveillance for the critical cyber threats to our Information Systems. The Senior Information Security Analyst will participate in the development and implementation of security policies and procedures, leverage Network Monitoring, Logging and Security Incident Event Management (SIEM) systems to produce alerts, audit data and reporting to detect suspicious activity and will analyze the threat data to help the Information Security team to determine what response is appropriate. This role is best suited for candidates who enjoy and have experience with computer, server, and network peripheral information security as well as candidates who excel at thinking critically to find ways to resolve security challenges. The position is focused on implementing and improving technology and procedures related to vulnerability management, device hardening and cyber security incident response. Looking for a self-starter with strong technical skills in the field.
Responsibilities and duties (include but not limited to)
- Monitoring, investigation and reporting of security incidents. Member and support of the Information Security Response Team
- Coordinate and perform internal as well as external penetration tests, application as well as network vulnerability assessment scans, and security risk assessment reviews.
- Ability to develop and analyze processes. Identify as well as detail information risk, governance and compliance concepts and principles. Monitor, evaluate, and advise on information security issues related to systems, data, network, and workflow to ensure security controls are appropriate and operating as intended.
- Work with a set of guidelines to help identify critical event data for additional analysis and escalation as appropriate
- Assist in the implementation and ongoing support of security systems.
- Assist in the development and document security architecture and plans, including strategic, tactical, and project plans
- Conduct security research in keeping abreast of latest security issues.
- Always observes all organizational procedures from a security risk perspective. Reports security risk concerns to appropriate leadership as defined in the incident response plan.
- Liaise with internal team members and external vendors in a professional manner while performing professional services, and/or security assessment activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Prepare security reports for management review.
- Ability to multi-task and remain productive in a service-driven and results oriented environment.
- Demonstrated strong organizational, analytical, and problem solving skills.
- Working knowledge of application & infrastructure security solutions (Firewalls, Intrusion Detection\Prevention Systems, Network Security, Password Management, Data Encryption, Vulnerability Scanners, SIEM Systems, and Access Control)
- Working knowledge of information security concepts, standards, and best practices.
- Assist with the design and implementation of disaster recovery and business continuity plans, procedures, audits, and enhancements
- Draft corrective action plans and coordinate remediation tasks.
- Assist in defining security requirements for information technology projects.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be self-directed with the ability to work with minimal oversight.
- Investigate and document suspicious activity and reported security incidents.
- Monitor security advisories, trends, alerts, and vulnerabilities, and communicate accordingly with team managers and data owners.
Education, Skills and background (incl. Education and Experience Requirements)
- 5-10 years of experience in information security (network, application and systems) or related technology experience required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is preferred.
- Strong knowledge of technology and security controls related to the detection, analysis, containment, eradication, and recovery from cyber security incidents.
- Execute tasks or lead small projects as needed - Communicate and interact directly with other staff to ensure optimal individual and group performance
- Knowledge of Windows and Linux systems, Active Directory Architecture, EDR, data governance, vulnerability management, SIEM systems, and Information Security compliance and standards.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with experience in documentation and familiarization of Standard Operating and other formal procedures
- Server and Network Device Security Hardening (routers, switches, firewalls, virtual environments are a plus)
- Strong understanding of governance, risk, and compliance frameworks such as NIST and CIS.
- CISSP, CRISC, Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) certification a plus.
- Technical writing experience with management level reports