Senior Frontend Developer
- Job Ref: 6624
- Location: Dublin, Ireland
- Type: Permanent
OverviewAn Insurance company is seeking a motivated Senior Developer to join their Global Tech Enablement team. As a member of an Agile squad, you will deliver key technology solutions in direct alignment with business strategies. You will be responsible for work in all stages of DevOps. The industry changes quickly, so they are looking for you to respond to change, pick up new technologies quickly and adapt to changing requirements. They also want you to take pride in your work and have strong design and development expertise. They value quality secure code delivery and expect you to demonstrate competence at design, build and run.
In this role you will:
• Collaborate with Scrum Masters, Product Owners, and peer DevOps engineers to iteratively create technical solutions that meet business and technical requirements
• Work as part of an innovative team, acting as a strong advocate for continuous integration, continuous delivery, quality assurance, and test/process automation
• Be skilled in troubleshooting production issues and coordinating with peer engineers to streamline code deployment.
• Handle end-to-end development, including coding, testing, and debugging during each cycle.
• Enjoy experimenting with the latest innovative trends in frontend development.
• Work under limited supervision, participating as a technical expert in planning, analysis, test design / test development, test execution, and debugging new software or significant enhancements to existing software to achieve desired results and documents appropriate aspects of those deliverables.
• Support feature technical implementation
• Create and maintain technical documentation
• Mentor new and junior engineers
• Research technology and bring new ideas to the team
• Possess a deep understanding of the product and business goals which you can translate into technology decisions
• Work closely with Solutions Engineers, Architects, and other Technology Leaders across the company to solve current problems and influence the company’s future technology direction
Skills and Experience required:
• 5+ years of professional software engineering experience including strong working knowledge of Agile/SCRUM software development concepts and processes
• Proficient in Full Stack development including: ReactJS, Node, C#, SQL, .NET, MVC, REST
• Excellent analytical, problem solving, communication and collaboration skills
• Must be dedicated, demonstrate initiative and be a logical thinker
• Experience with CI/CD practices and tools (e.g. Bamboo/Jenkins, Git/Github/BitBucket, etc.)
• Experience with Cloud platforms, especially AWS
Highly competitive applicants will have:
• The drive, ability and desire to learn new concepts quickly
• Experience building cloud-based digital solutions and mobile apps
• Experience with front-end testing frameworks (e.g. Mocha, Jest, Jasmine, Karma, etc.)
• Familiarity with modern security development principles and practices, (e.g. OAuth2)
Client Requirement: Candidates applying must be based in Ireland and hold EU citizenship, Stamp 4 or spouse visa (through critical skills).
Get in touch if you feel this is a good opportunity for you.