Senior Front end Engineer
- Job Ref: 3532
- Location: Dublin, Ireland
- Type: Permanent
Overview of the role:
You will be the senior front-end designer, responsible for one of our award-winning social recognition products. Globoforce work with many of the most global, complex organizations in the world, serving all employees across all industries. Our award-winning SaaS platform creates an easy-to-use, frictionless way for employees to connect and reward each other – with access to the most expansive e-commerce platform in the entire industry.
About your role:
This is a newly created role, working on one of our core social recognition products (SaaS platform ) which has an exciting roadmap of future enhancements. You will work across various teams (Dev/UI/Product etc.) to assist in project launch and own the day to day development and implementation for the project.
Here's just some of what you will be doing;
- Work in an Agile team and attend Sprint planning/review/standup sessions.
- Partner with our Product Owner/ UI/UX / QA/Java development/offshore development teams etc. to help us define the requirements (e.g. expand stories and features, providing realistic and accurate development estimates etc.) adding your expert technical advice where needed.
- Partner with our UI/UX development team: Be part of the design discussions/decisions, and then implement the designs.
- Develop highly functional, responsive web designs. Focus on high quality/clean code, usability, scalability, and extendibility.
- Provide application support and support all the code you write (ESLint). You’ll also take part in daily code reviews, to help ensure we’re all focusing on code quality.
- Communicate daily with on-shore and off-shore teams, to provide guidance and advice on front end frameworks. You will also assist us in introducing new practices and innovations to enhance our front end (e.g. adopting JS testing etc.)
- We encourage to use your technical expertise to propose various alternative technical solutions, based on different architectures and techniques.
- Lead initiatives to improve existing quality standards and/or productivity. Make sure our audit and quality standards are maintained and collaborate with fellow developer etc providing guidance and mentoring when needed.
- Assist in recruitment as Globoforce, as we scale out our front-end team.
Responsibilities, Skills & Qualifications
Required Skills and experience:
- 4+ years’ experience in similar front-end development role (Ideally SaaS based, with java server side, but we’re open).
- Strong experience with writing the UI/Visual designs.
- Good experience with Core JS and jQuery.
- HTML/CSS: We use a template engine so an understanding of either JSP/mustache, Sass, BEM-like approachis required.
- Experience integrating with RESTful JSON API's.
- Knowledge of SQL and backend technologies (Relatively low-level queries as needed)
- Experience with source code version control systems such as Git and working in an Agile development environment.
- Must be comfortable working with off shore teams and working autonomously/ independently.
Education and Qualifications:
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or another related field. Or equivalent work experience