Senior Front-End Developer - contract
- Job Ref: 4296
- Location: Dublin, Ireland
- Type: Contract
OverviewWe are looking for a Senior Front End Developer for our client, a worldwide leader in the online developing educational content for applications.
Would you like to know some details about this role:
My client is working to build a fast moving, low friction environment for engineers to bring innovative solutions to tough problems, and want people who thrive in that environment, but also understand that the freedom comes with a responsibility for the team to take responsibility for quality at every level.
Your responsibilities in this project will be:
- Work independently and as part of a software development team taking responsibility for solving big challenges.
- Fantastic at turning ideas into code, and making that code usable by your teammates, and the company at scale.
- Advance our goals around quality and engineering discipline.
- Looks ahead, finds and avoids pitfalls for the team.
- Test, analyse data, and improve constantly.
- Capable of moving from prototype to production, and taking responsibility for the full life-cycle of a component.
Provide coding and technical leadership, as well as take ownership for the development and delivery of performant software.
- Lead and guide software development with other engineers, on and offshore.
- Write and manage code which assists in defining structured practices in software development, source code management, build and release management where necessary.
And is important that you have experience:
- Understand the software development process and how their work contributes to the larger goals, know how to make that process better, one step at a time.
- Experience working with a team on a large project, know how to ship.
- We are looking for people that place the highest value on ability to be productive in a wide range of environments, and learn to be productive quickly, even with unfamiliar tools.
- Solid technical engineering background with excellent people management abilities
- Working within an "Agile" Development Environment
- Must have proven understanding of project tracking and Software development methodologies (Agile/Scrum/Test Driven Development)
- Ability to advise engineers on software deliveries from early conceptual stage through to completion.
- Experience using Test Driven Development and testing frameworks, as well as continuous integration
- Proven knowledge of Responsive design principles
- Must be able to work with a team of developers (both internal and external) on multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to direct and motivate high performance technical teams to excel in their delivery