Senior Enterprise Architect - Data Platform
- Job Ref: 6601
- Location: Letterkenny, Ireland
- Type: Permanent
We are currently on the lookout for a Senior Enterprise Architect for our client based within the aviation industry.
Your day to day:
- Portfolio Architecture:
- Develop and maintain the architecture roadmap for a suite of core and configurable solutions for data management and reporting platforms embracing modern cloud architectures while maximizing portability through the adoption of open source standards and solutions.
- Oversee the design and implementation of enterprise data and metadata structures.
- Implement best practices for data governance and master data management.
- Evolve the message streaming and integration strategy, allowing both structured and unstructured information to flow in real time through systems and interconnect airlines, airports, ground handlers and governments through secure, lossless, low latency platforms and connections.
- Rationalize existing disparate sets of data management platforms / solutions, replacing often legacy approaches with cost effective, fit for purpose and future roofed agile platforms which facilitate and promote Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning.
- Deliver architectural initiatives that drive revenue and improve efficiency in line with business strategy
- Ensure and contribute to the development of an appropriate level of consistency and re-use of shared / common components across multiple Portfolios within the enterprise
- Solution Architecture:
- Familiarity with technologies and approaches required to manage information and data aggregating information from across multiple sources within the wider portfolio of products plus also external data sources.
- Familiarity with architecting across public and private cloud to deliver resilient, high-volume, data platforms.
- Good understanding of architectural concerns across application, information & APIs, data privacy, cyber security, public & private cloud; both principles and relevant technologies.
- Ensure that policies, standards, and guidelines, and associated assessment toolkits have been used in developing solution architectures / architecture runways.
- Assure any “significant” change to the established products within the Technology Catalogues.
- Architectural Governance & Standards:
- Review new and existing program / project architectures for compliance with IT standards, policies and architecture roadmaps / plans.
- Communicate architectural decisions, plans, goals and strategies, including gaining organizational commitment.
- Drive appropriate standardisation of the use of technologies through establishing Technology Catalogues of approved lifecycle managed applications and technologies - in order to catalogue the IT landscape and effectively manage exceptions.
- Architectural Debt: Identify and arbitrate over decisions on when to make architectural compromises that will require resolution in the future. This requires a balance to be found between the pragmatic needs of immediate priorities and the longer-term cost effectiveness of the technology landscape.
- Develop and communicate enterprise technology standards and policies, and document exceptions to the architectural standards.
Who you are
- 10+ years of application development/architecture experience;
- 3+ years in a senior level engineering position, focusing on managing technology/platform strategy and architecture;
- A pragmatist, able to balance conceptual thinking with a desire to roll your sleeves up and contribute to meeting the delivery priorities of the Product Portfolio.
- Demonstrable core engineering competencies, with strong knowledge of standard engineering principles, theories, concepts, techniques and practical awareness of other architectures as well as development methodologies;
- Technology leadership, with a strong customer focus and a track record of creating long-term strategic plans, roadmaps and enterprise-wide architectures in a complex organisation;
- Has worked in distributed international teams in an Agile/Scrum development environment;
- Strong understanding of Enterprise Architecture/IT Strategy.
- Degree in a technical discipline (e.g. Computer Science, Engineering, Telecommunications, Mathematics, etc.) or sufficient work experience to demonstrate proficiency at this level.
Get in touch if you feel this is a good opportunity for you.
Benefits include: Pension, car allowance, healthcare, bonus, etc
Client Requirement: Candidate must be based in Ireland and hold a valid stamp 4 visa, EU citizenship or spouse visa!!