Senior DevOps Engineer
- Job Ref: 3867
- Location: Manchester, United Kingdom
- Type: Permanent
What do we like to see
- You enjoy participating in the full life-cycle of the software product - from idea and design, via implementation and user interface, to operational considerations.
- You are able to write clean code, take pride in your work and value simplicity, testing and productivity as part of your daily routine.
- You embrace new languages and frameworks, containers and cloud, and are not afraid to dig deep and learn new things all the time.
- You have an inquisitive mind, often exploring inner workings of the tools and libraries you use to understand how they work.
The skills you need to have
- A solid understanding of the Linux user spaceGood knowledge of scripting using shell, Python or Ruby
- Docker - experience of deploying and managing of applications running in Docker containers
- Strong knowledge of at least one continuous deployment tool: Jenkins, TravisCi, Bamboo
- Experience with at least one of the public cloud offerings such as AWS, Azure, IBMCloud, GCP
- Experience with one or more of Terraform, Ansible, Chef, Puppet or other configuration management tools
- Experience setting up and/or managing deployment pipeline
- A keen interest in new technologies
And if possible you have
- Experience with container orchestration technologies such as Kubernetes, Nomad, AKS, ACS,
- Experience with metrics, monitoring, alerting and logging systems; e.g. Sensu, Graphite, ELK, Prometheus
- Knowledge of security standards and practices, including TLS and encryption
- Able to communicate complex ideas to peers and stakeholders
- Software development skills
What we offer you
- A competitive salary
- A high-spec laptop on arrival (MacBook of course)
- Pension contribution
- 25 days’ holiday plus public holidays
- A cool office in the city centre of Manchester