Senior Database System Administrator - MSSQL
- Job Ref: 3734
- Location: Dublin, Ireland
- Type: Contract
OverviewWe have an availability for a Senior Database System Administrator with our client a leading consultancy company, for a 3 months rolling contract.
Your main responsibilities in this project will be:
- SQL Server management and Administration
- Database design and testing
- Database architecture and data modelling
- Implementation of suitable security, authentication and access control models
- Developing reports using Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Developing SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) packages
- Development of stored procedures
- Design and implementation of a Data Warehousing architecture
- Monitor database servers for performance, and make recommendations for improvements
- Creation of technical and architectural documentation
- Management of backups, scheduling of jobs
And is also necessary that you have you have:
- Experience of managing database design from the conceptual design phase to logical design and normalisation to physical design and implementation of the database
- Experience of SQL database management, specifically to ensure data stability, reliability, availability and performance.
- Experience designing and implementing Data warehousing and Business Intelligence architecture and solutions
- Experience of Database Administration in enterprise solutions using Microsoft tools in the following areas
- Development and deployment of SSIS packages
- Creation and deployment of BI reports using SSRS
- Ability to develop database-centric functionality on existing software products
- Experience of Data Modelling
- Experience of creating technical and architectural documentation.
And is mandatory that you have:
- A Third level degree in Computer Science or Engineering or a related discipline
- A Microsoft SQL DBA Certification e.g. Microsoft Certified Database Administrator (MCDBA)
*Only applicants eligible to work in Ireland are considered for this position.