Senior Database System Administrator - MS SQL Server - remote work
- Job Ref: 3802
- Location: Dublin, Ireland
- Type: Contract
OverviewI have and extincting opportunity for a Senior Database Systems Administrator to work for a 12 months remote contract for my client, a well established Irish company based in Dublin City center.
Some Details about the project:
- You will give support in the development and maintenance of the MS SQL Server databases and related systems.
Your main responsibilities in this position will be:
- Improving resilience of MS SQL Infrastructure
- Recovery procedures for MS SQL Infrastructure
- Resolving any non-availability of service.
- Ongoing monitoring of MS SQL Servers
- Development work in ASP.net will be required for development and maintenance of in-house applications
- Preparing standards and procedures documentation for the proper planning, installation, security, support and maintenance of the MS SQL Infrastructure including in place upgrades and migration to later versions of SQL Server
- Applying Hot Fixes
- Testing any modifications in a Lab environment
- Performing database refreshes as required
- Running of urgent report scripts and routine scripts
- Advice for, and consultation with, development teams, including validation and execution of SQL scripts.
And is required that you have experience in:
- maintaining/improving the resilience of MS SQL Infrastructure
- devising and implementing recovery procedures for MS SQL Infrastructure
- providing a resolution of non-availability of service
- monitoring MS SQL Servers
- developing/maintaining applications in ASP.net
- preparing standards and procedures documentation for the proper planning, installation, security, support and maintenance of the MS SQL Infrastructure
- applying Hot Fixes
- implementing planned releases
- compiling Fault Reports
- testing any modifications in a Lab environment
- executing database refreshes
- participating in projects as a team member (where necessary)
- dealing with queries from users
- dealing with an IT Helpdesk
- running urgent report scripts and routine scripts
- consulting with development teams
If this is something that is of interest to you do not hesitate to get in touch for more details.
*Only applicants eligible to work in Ireland are considered for this position.