Senior Data Scientist - SAS
- Job Ref: 3567
- Location: Dublin, Ireland
- Type: Contract
I have an availability for a 6 months rolling contract position Senior Data Scientist role with my client, a leading consultancy company based in Dublin City center. This is a part- time position with excellent daily rates!
The key deliverable required are:
- The development of analytics datasets as required by the Business Analytics Unit.
- The refinement and streamlining of the code processes arising from the project to increase the efficiency of model and dataset generation, including the enhancement of the Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) process to include Data Quality checks.
- Re-engineer the Departments existing data processes, where necessary, to ensure that they are consistent with fulfilling the Departments obligations under GDPR.
- More generally, the enhancement of data quality and data preparation processes.
Your Key Experience/Competencies/Skillsets will be:
- Experience of executing processes to resolve complex data and systems problems
- Experience of communicating resolutions to patrons and other stakeholders.
- Experience of developing data solutions in SAS, using the following: SAS Data Step, SAS Proc SQL, the SAS Macro language
- Experience in building ETL processes with SAS DI Studio
- Experience in building ETL processes with tools other than SAS DI Studio
- Experience of implementing solutions that resolve data quality issues (e.g. data cleansing, imputation etc.)
And is mandatory that you have:
- Knowledge of GDPR and experience of aligning data processes with GDPR obligations (preferably in an analytics environment)
- Project Management Experience
- Experience of SAS Data Management Studio or SAS Data Quality Manager Server functionality
- SAS Certification for: SAS programming and SAS data integration
- SAS Certified Base Programmer for SAS or SAS Certified Advanced Programmer for SAS
It is also required that you have7 years’ experience of developing data solutions and 5 years’ experience developing data solutions within a SAS Platform.