Senior Data Engineer
- Job Ref: 4294
- Location: Dublin, Ireland
- Type: Contract
OverviewWe are looking for a Senior Data Engineer for our client, a worldwide leader in the online developing educational content for applications, for a 6 months contract project in Dublin City Center area.
Some details about this role:
As part of the Data Engineering team, you will work closely with our key stakeholders, the data science team, learning science team and product teams to develop robust data pipelines and analytics capabilities, delivering value across the enterprise.
What do you need to have to get this role?
- Experience with Apache Spark Structured APIs for streaming and ETL scenarios
- Experience with producing and consuming large volumes of data
- Experience with kafka
- A strong understanding of Big Data architecture patterns
- Experience with Java and spring boot
- Experience with docker, containerization and apache mesos a big plus
- At least 10 years of experience and a bachelor's degree in computer science or related field is preferred
- Understand the software development process and how their work contributes to the larger goals, know how to make that process better, one step at a time
- Experience working with a team on a large project, know how to ship
If you have any interest in this please do not hesitate to get in touch and I will be happy to give you more details about this project and my client.