Senior Data Analyst - Dublin
- Job Ref: 4842
- Location: DUBLIN, Ireland
- Type: Permanent
This position will be within the business intelligence team and the candidate must show an excellent technical understanding of data warehousing and data science technologies.
The candidate will work closely with this team and other development teams to build and change existing systems as appropriate.
What we’re looking for...
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Economics, Finance or equivalent.
- 5+ years proven experience working on traditional database systems and/or big data platforms, e.g. SQL, Hadoop, Redshift, etc..
- Experience with Python, R, SPSS, Matlab or similar statistics tools
- Experience interrogating data for real actionable insights, including weblogs. The candidate must be willing to own those actions and follow them through.
- Experience with one or more BI tools, Power BI, Business Objects, Microstrategy, Tableau, etc.
- Experience publishing and presenting data and findings to non-data users. Experience presenting to C-level management
- Very good communication skills, must be able to act as a bridge between business and IT teams.
- Requirements gathering and documentation skills, must be able to communicate customer requirements back to our developers.
Even better if you have:
- Team or project leadership experience
- Experience with analytical methodologies such as regression, classification, prediction, machine learning and neural networks.
- Experience with data engineering, curation, ETL and integration as well as related data analytics
****Applicants must have a valid stamp 4 visa or hold EU citizenship****