Senior Crawling Engineer
- Job Ref: 4934
- Location: Madrid, Spain
- Type: Permanent
Imagine a workplace which encourages you to take on responsibility and where your ideas will be heard and implemented. Imagine a fast-paced environment where your performance makes the difference.
Our client are expanding and have opened a new office in Madrid, Spain.
We are looking for an experienced engineer for their crawling team. They ares a big data company, and offers career development paths to learn writing and maintaining Apache Hadoop and Spark jobs.
What challenges await you...
- Scrape, transform and clean data from the web all around the world
- Feed and maintain large SQL and NoSQL databases
- Write automation scripts in order to collect data and make sense of it
You come with...
- Engineering degree
- Profound professional work experience with crawling/scraping.
- Fluency in English
Nice to have...
- Knowledge of databases, indexes, query optimization
- Familiarity with Unix commands, affinity for command line
- MapReduce/Hadoop/Spark experience
- Knowledge of scraping frameworks, such as scrapy
- Experience with online services, such as Crawlera or AWS
What we offer...
- A highly international & entrepreneurial environment (flat hierarchies, short decision paths…)
- We are agile enthusiasts and love continuous improvement
- Excellent onboarding programs
- Spend up to 5% of your working time for your professional & personal development
- Great leadership & support
- Take part in shaping our new office in the North of Madrid
- Flexible working hours / Options to work remotely