Senior Back-end Developer
- Job Ref: 2518
- Location: Cork, Ireland
- Type: Contract
I am looking for an experienced Senior Back-end Developer to work for our client, one of the larger utilities providers in Ireland for a 9 months contract in Cork.
Your will be part of a team responsible for implementing a data analytics and reporting platform.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Create and validate the ETL design and ensure that technical specifications are complete, consistent, concise, and achievable.
- Develop ETL code as per the technical specifications and business requirements according to the established designs
- Exhibit competency in problem solving, data analysis, business rule validation, data integration, data quality, dependency analysis and estimation and delivery of complex SQL Server solutions
- Design and develop ETL solution using SSIS to copy data from multiple sources to a centralised Operational Data Store and Data Marts
- Create/maintain design related artifacts i.e. data models , Mapping documents, architecture diagrams, data flow diagrams
- Participate in system and integration test; identify and remedy solution defects.
- Monitoring performance and advising of any necessary infrastructure and/or design changes
- Analysis of source data to assist in preparing iterative design changes, database refactoring, and creating or modifying reference data
- Experienced in database design with the ability to progress from concept to implementation, creating and maintain documentation including entity relationship diagrams, data dictionaries, and ability to create implementation scripts.
- Provide SQL Server database, SSIS, and SSRS architecture leadership
- Effectively communicate SQL Server SSIS architecture and approaches.
It is important for you to have:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience of similar roles elsewhere
- Strong SSIS development and implementation experience essential
Experience of SQL Server 2016 desirable
Experience of Change Data Capture (Oracle & SQL Server source systems) or other replication technologies an advantage
This contract offers attractive daily rates and is for 9 months contract.