- Job Ref: 1624
- Location: dublin, Ireland
- Type: Permanent
Software Architect - Software Product for high volume data analytics
Clavis Insight is the leading provider of cloud-based eCommerce Intelligence software to manufacturers. Clavis was established in 2007 and is headquartered in Dublin, also with offices in the USA.
You can find out more about the company on our website www.clavisinsight.com
Role & Responsibilities
We are looking for a Senior Engineer / Software Architect who will be responsible for defining the detailed architecture and design of our software product which analyses large volumes of data from on-line retail stores (such as Amazon, Walmart, Tesco) to provide insights to manufacturers on how their products are being sold on-line.
You will provide significant input into the future direction of our technology platform as well as work “hands-on” on developing the solution.
This is an opportunity to grow with a fast growing company in an exciting space.
The successful candidate will have:
• A solid track record of architecting and designing large-scale high-throughput software solutions
• Proven ability to assess and recommend architectures, technologies and vendors; with an understanding of multiple
options for architectures
• Ability to drive development of solutions, from architecture through design and development, including mentoring
• Strong communication and presentation ability
• Experience in designing multiple large data volume software solutions with a good understanding of clustering and
• 5+ years hands-on experience with open source software platforms and programming languages, such as Java, Linux
• Experience with Relational databases such as MySQL or PostGreSQL with veery large databases
• 2+ years of hands-on experience with big data technologies such the Hadoop stack (MapReduce, Impala / Hive /
HBase), or other technologies such as Apache Spark , Kafka, including administration, configuration management,
monitoring, debugging, benchmarking and performance tuning
• Knowledge of cloud computing infrastructure (e.g.Rackspace, Amazon Web Services EC2, Elastic MapReduce) and
considerations for scalable, distributed systems a plus
Desirable but not essential:
• Previous experience with Amazon AWS such as EC2, Beanstalk, EMR, Redshift would be very beneficial but is not
• Previous experience with high-scale or distributed RDBMS such as Teradata, Greenplum, Aster Data, Netezza is a