Senior Android Engineer
- Job Ref: 4706
- Location: Dublin, United Kingdom
- Type: Permanent
The successful candidate will be working at our Dublin office, in a hands-on capacity within the Reveal Tribe group and will be responsible for engineering and maintaining features and components for our suite of mobile apps. Emphasis in the role will be focused on Android Development.
- Participate in product feature implementation, both independently and in cooperation with your cross-functional team.
- Implement changes and new features in a manner which promotes efficient, reusable and performant code.
- Liaise with product stakeholders and other teams in the organization to complete the projects on time and to the highest quality standards.
- Participate in peer code reviews, manage criteria applied during code reviews.
- Investigate technical issues during the full development life cycle.
- Provide effort estimations for the individual and team assignments.
- Coach and mentor less experienced members of the team.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related discipline or relevant work experience
- Four or more years of experience in software development.
- Experience Agile/lean methodologies and processes leading process improvements and engineering disciplines.
- Experience working in project and team environments with product, application support and operations teams.
- Experience mentoring junior developers.
- Experience in presenting to engineering and product groups.
- Experience delivering projects in a CI/CD environment.
- Experience in Java.
- Experience with Kotlin.
- Experience in standard industry software development practices.
- Experience in build and release of applications to Google Play.
- Experience developing reusable frameworks.
- Experience using MVP or MVVM.
- Experience of Gitflow, code review processes and build pipelines.
- Experience writing unit tests as part of development cycle.
- Experience working with RESTful APIs with input to their design.
- Experience with VIPER.
Even better if you have:
- A degree.
- Six or more years of experience in software development.
- Demonstrated excellent communication skills both written and oral.
- Ability to lead systems analysis with application design individually and with an architecture team to deliver detailed application specifications.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and/or guide a team.
- A strong interest in new and emerging technologies and the ability to drive technical change.
- Current knowledge of the latest developments in the Android ecosystem.
- Knowledge of mobile security concerns.
- Experience with customer-facing apps, with an emphasis on usability.
- Experience with additional platforms, particularly .NET and iOS.
- Knowledge of AWS based architectures and services.
- An innovative mindset.
- Exposure to TDD and/or BDD.