Senior Android Developer
- Job Ref: 4843
- Location: Dublin, Ireland
- Type: Permanent
Eight bytes walk into a bar. The bartender asks, “Can I get you anything?”
“Yeah,” reply the bytes. “Make us a double.”
- As a Senior Android Developer you will be participating in product feature implementation, both independently and in cooperation with your cross-functional team.
- Implementing changes and new features in a manner which promotes testable, efficient, reusable and performant code.
- Liaising with product stakeholders and other teams in the organization to complete the projects to the highest quality Android standards.
- Participating in peer code reviews, managing criteria applied during code reviews.
- Participating in the Agile process and work to continuously improve as the Senior Android Developer.
- Investigating technical issues during the full development lifecycle.
- Providing effort estimations for the individual and team assignments.
- Coaching and mentoring less experienced members of the team.
In addition, there is an on-going requirement to improve / define team processes that will add value to the business and result in an improved customer experience and increased revenues.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have...
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant work experience.
- Four or more years of experience in working in a Development role of with three or more years working on Android apps.
- Experience with Android frameworks.
- Experience working with Android Design Systems (Material).
- Experience with Kotlin and Java.
- Experience working with TDD and testing Frameworks.
- Experience working in a larger team with code reviews and unit testing on mobile.
- Experience in working with a cross functional team to define, design and ship new features.
- Experience in delivering complete user stories independently with high usability and quality.
- Experience writing clean code.
- Experience working with Agile methodologies (Lean/Kanban).
- Experience with Agile process and development tools (Jira, Git).
- Experience with code coverage, static code analysis and CI systems.
- A love and passion for Android and Android Development.
Even better if you have…
- A degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or relevant experience.
- Knowledge of development principles and disciplines.
- Experiences on different development fields (Backend or Java).
- A self-starter with a customer focused mindset interested in growing and continuous improvement.
- Experience in utilizing Lean Startup methods and analytics.