Senior Analyst/Developer - contract
- Job Ref: 4403
- Location: Dublin, Ireland
- Type: Contract
We are looking for an experienced Senior Analyst/Developer for a 6 months rolling contract with my client a leading Irish consultancy company.
This positions Requires that You have the following background:
- A keen ability to translate business needs and requirements into workable IT solutions alongside the IT Business Analyst and users
- Design of scalable, fit for purpose solutions to meet business needs
- Excellent development skills, and also the creation and/or execution of appropriate testing plans, and recording and documentation of solutions, changes and processes to an appropriate level
- Implementation of change within the existing change control process and framework, communication of that change as required
- Knowledge base improvement around changes and new developments, working within the existing team
And is Essential that You have the following Technical Skills:
- Programming experience in some or all of the following:
- .NET technologies, particularly C#
- Scripting languages (Powershell, Python)
- Up to intermediate level Windows administrator experience
- Experience of Cloud Services e.g. AWS/Azure/Google/Open-stack,for databases, RDS etc.
- Experience working in a time sensitive, IT technical role for Front, Middle, Back Office in a productionised trading environment.
- Ability to play a lead role in developing new coded solutions and maintaining existing production systems across the range of platforms and technologies, including delivering and implementing changes in a complex production environment
- Experience using source control software systems e.g. Git, BitBucket, Clearcase, SVN, Sourcesafe etc.
- Good understanding of RDBMS technologies and how they interact in trading environments (MySQL, Oracle, MS SQL Server, MariaDB) and in the cloud, in relation to ETL processes, tools, methodologies, including experience creating and updating stored procedures, functions, views, triggers etc.
And some more of this:
- Ability to prioritize issues in a time sensitive environment
- Ability and willingness to take full ownership and responsibility for issues raised, project work
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills for interacting with traders, quantitative analysts, other software developers and back and middle office users
- Flexible and eager to apply best practice software solutions to practical issues and problems facing users in energy trading markets
- Working closely with business teams to come up with solutions to recurring problems as well as playing the lead role in delivering incremental system developments
- Self-starter, with a strong interest in new and emerging technologies and an aptitude for learning new technologies
The Successful Candidate must be able to demonstrate the following:
- Primary degree in a technical field such as engineering, computer science, natural sciences, economics or finance from a leading university
- Diligence with an attention to detail, particularly in relation to documentation for processes and procedures (creating and maintaining Knowledge Base, run books, topology etc)
- Expert user of Microsoft Office products, particularly Excel.
And it will be also great if you have:
- Knowledge of power systems, energy industry and/or commodity markets
- Knowledge of Energy Trading and Risk Management Systems and Implementations
- Familiarity with requirements and specifics of front/middle/back office and deal flow in a time sensitive trading environment
- Some Excel VBA would be useful but not essentials.