- Job Ref: 3603
- Location: Fethard Clonmel, Ireland
- Type: Permanent
Senior Accountant required for established Agri-Business in Ireland’s Golden Vale
A significant Agri-Business based in Ireland’s Golden Vale, is seeking a Senior Accountant. This is an exciting opportunity for a commercially focussed accountant to get involved in a dynamic business environment.
The role reports to the General Manager and will oversee a team of five direct reports.
- Overseeing all aspects of the finance and administration function including payroll & HR, accounts payable, accounts receivable etc.
- Ensure all necessary controls are being followed to safeguard the assets of the company
- Annual budgeting and forecasting process
- Weekly KPI reporting
- Review of year-end financial accounts and quarterly management accounts including analysing and investigating variances
- Work closely with all external parties on audit, insurance, revenue and banking etc.
- Ongoing review and control of expenditure
- Continuous improvement of financial reporting processes
- Oversee capital projects
- Other ad hoc projects and duties as required
- Qualified Accountant with experience in a commercial/services environment
- Ideally Big 4 / ACA qualified with up to 4 years PQE
- Commercial/entrepreneurial decision making aptitude and an analytical approach to problem solving
- Good interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate confidently with direct reports, senior management and external parties
- Ability to work well under pressure, using your own initiative and be flexible.
- Strong HR knowledge and experience
- Strong IT skills and familiarity with financial accounting and reporting systems
- A competitive salary and benefits will be available.
- Career development opportunities for the right candidate.