Security Operations Specialist
- Job Ref: 2904
- Location: Dublin, Ireland
- Type: Permanent
Our Client, one of the leading Irish financial organisation, is looking to hire a Security Operations Specialist for a permanent role based in Dublin.
Your main responsibilities:
- Own any potential incidents, ensuring all incidents are effectively managed and a clear and concise communication plan is provided to Senior Management / other stakeholders so the integrity of the Bank’s Information Security is maintained. In the event of any major incidents, escalate same to the Information Security & Risk Manager to ensure these are effectively managed;
- Identifying new threat tactics, techniques and procedures used by cyber threat actors. Publish actionable threat intelligence for business and technology management. Leveraging systems for automated threat intelligence sharing using industry standard protocols such as STIX and TAXII;
- Providing vulnerability guidance, false positive validation, compliance scanning and policy creation using industry standard vulnerability scanning tools by maintaining knowledge of outstanding vulnerability management issues as it pertains to each business and communicate updates as appropriate;
- Assist in technical authority, vision, documentation of operational procedures and guidance to ensure the continued evolution of security operations function within Bank;
- Monitor and measure compliance with the Bank’s Information policy and standards;
- Keep abreast with developments in the IT industry, banking and regulatory sectors to ensure that the Banks systems and data are protected in line with industry standards. Coordinate the identification and assessment of new and emerging technologies and promote awareness among staff and business in order to develop and maintain the integrity of the Bank's Information Security;
- Generally, influence and assist in the development, communication and championing of Technical Information Security to ensure the Bank’s information and data systems are protected from risk, fraud and unauthorised access;
- Provide guidance on Information Security to the Business as a subject matter expert so all Development teams are aware of the Bank’s Information Security policy and standards.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor degree (Level 8) in related discipline;
- CISSP, GCIH - Industry standard qualifications, SANS;
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working in a similar area of Information Technology Security, preferably in the Financial Services sector;
- Experience with security event management systems, network and system forensic tools, detection and monitoring platforms. Experience with reverse malware engineering;
- Strong technical knowledge of scripting languages and data access methodologies such as SQL;
- Strong knowledge of incident response and crisis management.
Unfortunately, we cannot offer sponsorship for this role so you must have valid Visa to work in Ireland.