Regional Account Manager (Field Sales)
- Job Ref: 5701
- Location: Thurles, Ireland
- Type: Permanent
Regional Account Manager (Field Sales Manager)
LOCATION: Field Based – North / Midlands
Our Client was founded 30 years ago in Co. Tipperary and is a premium wholesaler in a particular industry (medicine related).
About the role:
We are currently looking for an experienced, commercially focused and ‘out of the box thinking’ National Account Manager (Area Sales Manager).
As a Sales Account Manager you will be responsible for maintaining and generating sales of defined products against specified targets on own territory and maintaining a strong company profile across the region.
The role entails:
- Develop and achieve agreed sales targets within a supportive environment
- Call on an existing client list of veterinary practices and other relevant customers at an agreed frequency throughout the year.
- Promote an existing range of veterinary medicines and instruments to all accounts
- Build annual business plan to assist in achievement of agreed targets and review and amend as necessary throughout the year
- Introduction and distribution of new products and services throughout your territory
- Explore opportunities to grow existing business
- Establish and maintain relationships with key accounts and new potential customers
- Plan and review territory activity using modern analytical techniques
- Attend customer trade shows or other business development events as needed
- Gather and share market information and intelligence to assist in development of overall company strategy and plan.
- Work with procurement, finance, marketing and other departments as required to ensure smooth operation of all aspects of the business to help drive overall company growth and success
What do you need to be successful?
- 4+ years’ experience working in a similar environment
- 3rd level qualification in life sciences, agricultural science, veterinary science or animal science
- Familiarity within human pharmaceutical, medical device, scientific, dental, veterinary industry
- Previous experience in selling and developing business relationships in the Irish Veterinary sector an advantage Good organisation skills, strong self-motivation, initiative and self-starter, with great work ethic
- Current clean drivers’ licence