- Job Ref: 4612
- Location: Dublin, United States
- Type: Permanent
This is an opportunity to join a world-leading engineering team working on the development and quality assurance of new features across our client entire product range. We are at a tremendously exciting stage with extensive innovative work ongoing and an exciting vision to fulfil. Our client is the leader in performance monitoring and analytics for financial markets based in Dublin.
The QA team is responsible for ensuring the quality of its high performance, real-time analytics products, utilising the latest software and hardware technologies. Our team delivers innovative, automated testing solutions to verify the accuracy, performance, functionality, stress, resilience and use case validation of the company’s products.
The successful applicant will be part of a collaborative, passionate and highly technical QA team. Operating in an agile environment, the QA Engineer will be responsible for designing comprehensive test strategies that ensure our industry leading product is high quality.
- Work within a cross-functional team following agile software development techniques to test new product features
- Execute manual/automation tests covering all QA cycles: functional, regression, performance and system testing/characterization
- Use scripting and programming skills to automate tests using python and selenium
- Track test progress, report results, forecast areas of risk and provide mitigation plans
- Identify product defects, log them in the system and verify them once fixed
- Ensure the quality of all deliverables in all levels of the product life cycle, from requirements analysis to test design and implementation.
- Implement cost-effective test strategies, design and maintain test plans and test cases for leading financial and enterprise core product features
- BSc. in Computer Science or a related discipline
- 2+ years relevant industry experience
- Strong QA skills: defect root cause isolation, troubleshooting and reporting
- Comprehensive defect notification - problem description, reproduction steps, relevant logs and files attachment;
- Linux user knowledge (for troubleshooting and debugging purposes)
- Strong scripting/ programming skills using Python or similar (e.g. Perl, Java)
- Experience in manual and automated testing on web applications
- Good knowledge of manual and automated testing best practice
- Excellent problem-solving, debugging and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to prioritize workload and meet deadlines
- Good working knowledge of IP networking protocols and systems
- Self-motivated, highly enthusiastic team player with strong analytical skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English