QA Automation Engineer
- Job Ref: 5346
- Location: Dublin, Ireland
- Type: Permanent
QA Automation Engineer
Want to work with one of the fastest growing consumer tech compaies in Ireland, building one of the largest mobile top-up platforms in the world?
My client is looking for a QA Automation Engineer to join a team that has been expanding over the past 18 months. This position offers the successful candidate the exposure of working on both backend and frontend, web and mobile applications. Their QA team have been instrumental in guaranteeing their users have the best experience and they are looking for that same standard in their newest member.
- Maintain, develop and extend the automation projects and framework
- Decide on the best candidates for automation and implement new test scenarios
- Debug and analyse failing tests, report bugs, track defects resolution up to completion
- Contribute to acceptance and regression testing efforts
- Support the team in releasing new functionality on a frequent basis
- Ensure all relevant team members are aware of potential blockers
- Develop a strong knowledge of the high dependency multi-tiered architecture
- Review user stories and provide support to product managers in delivering requirements to the development team
- Champion excellent quality within the team; push high standards in all aspects of development
- Develop a deep understanding of the Kanban methodologies the teams within Ding use
- Provide guidance to colleagues and junior team members (in automation or foosball table ??)
Desired Experience and Skills
- 5+ years’ experience in a software testing role with 3+ years’ experience in automation of backend/frontend tests
- Hands-on experience with Selenium WebDriver in C#, Java, Python etc
- Ability to interrogate databases using SQL
- Experience using REST API testing tools (Postman, JMeter, SoapUI, etc.).
- Solid experience of product and testing tools such as JIRA Agile, Kanbanize, TCLab, Bugzilla, Test Rail etc.
- Ability to manage frequent release cycles.
- Strong ability to report functional defects through deep understanding of how system operates.
- Strong understanding of the SDLC.
- Comfortable with multi-tasking across different products and stages of the project life cycle.
Nice to have:
- Experience in testing backend applications and databases.
- Exposure to build and deployment tools such as Jenkins, Octopus Deploy.
- Experience with Specflow, Cucumber, BDD, Gherkin syntax, Browserstack Automate, MongoDB, Redis, RabbitMq, Git
- Experience working in an Agile/Lean environment
- A relevant third-level degree such as Computing, Computer Science or related.
***Candidates must have aStamp 4 Visa or Valid EU Passport***
If you are interested in this opportunity, feel free to contact me at:
087 173 7621 or at [email protected]