Project Manager - Life and Pensions
- Job Ref: 3855
- Location: Dublin, Ireland
- Type: Permanent
The Project Manager will work as part of a PMO that will work closely with the IT Team, clients and key stakeholders to proactively deliver consistently high standards in project execution. This role will also involve contributing as a PMO member to improving and developing the Project Life Cycle and the Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Lead and implement initiatives that enable the company compete more efficiently in a constantly changing and demanding marketplace.
- Scope, plan and delivery of programs of work to agreed timelines, quality and budget.
- Support the implementation of industry best practice for project management (PMO) structures, methodologies and project governance in its execution across projects and effective in project delivery resulting in sustainable and profitable business
- Management of internal and external program stakeholders (including project resources).
- Create project plans and artefacts, defining scope, deliverables, budgets, timelines & milestones and critical path
- Define project resource needs and work with management to ensure resource availability
- Determine project delivery budget and ensure close change management to ensure delivery within budget
- Ensure adequate, robust governance is put in place at all levels
- Create accurate and effective Management Information on delivery status
- Proactively manage risks and issues through accurate and timely identification, mitigation and closure
- Assignment and effective management of tasks to completion
- Ability to manage competing objectives and prioritise tasks
- Work closely with our clients to educate them in relation to the company's Project Life Cycle and how to engage with them while promoting the benefits of a systematic approach to Project Management aligned with Group standards
- Ensure the on-going maintenance & sustainability of an effective Project Management life cycle
- Seek out opportunities for additional income through change projects with existing clients
- Maximise profits through effective resource utilisation
- Contribute to the overall organisational strategy including appropriate resource management
The successful candidate will have a proven track record in project management (+ 8 years) and will be able to demonstrate that project management is their career of choice. He/she will be a highly motivated individual, be capable of working under pressure. The individual will ideally have managed large complex programmes delivering business and operational transformation.
- Ability to lead and deliver complex IT and business projects
- Proactive, self-starter with strong motivation, who works on own initiative
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Strong stakeholder management in relation to project delivery
- Strong influencing skills with the ability to lead and motivate a successful team
- Proven commercial awareness
- Proven problem solving and decision making skills
- Ability to motivate and lead project team to deliver on time, quality and budget.
- Degree in IT/Computer Science, Information Science or equivalent IT qualification
- Significant experience working as a Project Manager within the financial services domain. Minimum of 8+ years’ experience managing IT projects
- Certification in recognised project management discipline
- Experience with software development methodologies and processes
- Previous experience with performance and people management
- Proven ability to manage dispersed teams
- Industry experience with knowledge of the life assurance market is preferable.