- Job Ref: 4887
- Location: Dublin, Ireland
- Type: Contract
OverviewProject Lead/Junior Project Manager
Contract 6-12 months
Dublin City Centre
- Leads projects of moderate scope and sometimes complex assignments. Responsible for managing own and team's time within a certain area and conditions.
- Applies standards and methodologies, provides expertise and support on use of methods and tools.
- Develops project plans using standard project management tools, e.g. MS Project or Project Workbench.
- Ensures that own and team's projects are formally closed and, where appropriate, subsequently reviewed, and that lessons learned are recorded.
- Identifies and assesses risks to the success of the project. Agrees the project approach with stakeholders, and prepares realistic plans (including quality, risk and communications plans) and tracking activities against the project schedule, managing stakeholder involvement as appropriate.
- Sets up project files, compiles and distributes reports. Provides guidance on procedures, processes, tools and techniques.
- Builds reporting/status updates, agendas for stakeholder and owner meetings. Facilitates other meetings and monitors and drives overall project plan.
- Uses metrics and project plan to assess the success of the project and makes necessary changes. Reports project progress to project managers.
- Demonstrates use of a structured iterative methodology and maintains financial tracking for projects.
- Develops a network to support and add value to client engagements including company, clients and external professional networks.
Skills & Experience
Level and/or knowledge required:
- Has achieved trusted advisor status at a senior level with the client.
- Excellent client-facing skills, takes time to establish underlying needs of client beyond those initially expressed.
- Has an innovative approach, develops new approaches to improve or replace existing procedures or systems.
- Excellent communication skills, maintains confidentiality, shares ideas and information, facilitates discussions and transfers knowledge to diverse audiences to achieve collective objectives.
- Intermediate theoretical knowledge in project management methodologies and has awareness of new and emerging technologies and developments.
- Has good applications/technology knowledge, building on specialist domain knowledge. Has practical experience of and is proficient with project management tools and frameworks required to deliver.
- Strong understanding of the project management lifecycle and experience with all stages of the product development lifecycle (concept to launch).
- Proven ability in assuring project meets quality standards by providing guidance and developing procedures relating to product quality.
- Experience in applying problem-solving methodologies and tools to diagnose and solve operational and interpersonal problems.
- Experience in providing technical guidance to enable others and solving technical queries from junior colleagues.
- Highly proficient in MS Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Is skilled at co-ordinating the information gathering and reporting process, reviewing trends and comparing to expectations.
- Knowledge of client/server architecture, object oriented design/development and package implementation.
- Experience and track record of successful project delivery utilising multiple project management methodologies/framework, tools and techniques.
- Extensive experience using project management tools, tracking plans and actual statistics from inception through to implementation.
- Good people skills, with experience of introducing and building ways in which people can learn from each other. Encourages mentoring and the transfer of knowledge by designing and delivering learning interventions.
- Renowned as an effective coach and sounding board.
- Good self-management. Takes on high commitments and works to achieve results. Keeps momentum going over time despite setbacks, showing resilience in the face of challenges looking for ways to beat previous standards.
- Experience in managing upwards with multiple people, gaining their trust quickly.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field, or equivalent work experience
- Project management knowledge
- Additional course or certification in Business Consulting
- Certified functional consultant in any one specific domain