Program / Change manager
- Job Ref: 3001
- Location: London, United Kingdom
- Type: Permanent
e-Frontiers an established IT recruitment company headquartered in Dublin with offices in UK, Spain, Portugal, Romania and USA are currently recruiting for one of our top tier Insurance software solutions client.
Program / Change Manager
The Program / Change Manager will work closely with the IT Services Team, End Clients, and key stakeholders in client organisation to deliver consistently high standards in project execution. This role will involve improving and developing the client's Project Life Cycle and the Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC), rolling these out across all clients, preparing the organisation for changes, supporting the upskilling of the key actors and implementing the transition. This will be a high profile role in client organisation and offers the unique opportunity for the individual to make a big contribution to Client’s future success.
- Drive the improvement of the current Project Life Cycle to be a process that is consistent in its execution across projects and effective in project delivery resulting in sustainable and profitable business for the client
- Lead a team of project managers to deliver projects to the highest standards and in accordance with the Project Life Cycle
- Delivery of appropriate project governance for the internal and external stakeholders
- Effectively manage agreed projects end to end
- Contribute to the overall effectiveness of the IT area working closely with all the key stakeholders in the business and the IT senior leadership team
- Work closely with our clients to educate them in relation to Client’s Project Life Cycle and how to engage with them while promoting the benefits of a systematic approach to Project Management aligned with Group standards
- Ensure the on-going maintenance & sustainability of an effective Project Management life cycle
- Seek out opportunities for additional income through change projects with existing clients
- Maximise profits through effective resource utilisation
- Contribute to the overall IPSI organisational strategy including appropriate resource management
The successful candidate will have a proven track record in project management (10+ years’ experience) and will be able to demonstrate that project management is their career of choice. He/she will be a highly motivated individual, be capable of working under pressure and be a leader. The individual will ideally have managed large complex programmes delivering business and operational transformation.
In addition to the above, he/she should be able to demonstrate the following attributes:
- Be able to ramp up quickly in terms of delivery on the role
- Industry experience with knowledge of the life assurance market is preferable.
- Excellent relationship management skills with the ability to influence key stakeholders to agree work priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to performance manage staff along with mentoring and developing key actors in the SDLC
- Effective stakeholder management in relation to IT project delivery
- Good commercial awareness
They will also have:
- A relevant project management qualification
- Proven problem solving skills
- Exposure to different software development methodologies
- Strong written and verbal communication skills as internal and external demonstrations and presentations will be a feature of the role.