Production Support Oracle DBA
- Job Ref: 2487
- Location: London, United Kingdom
- Type: Contract
I am looking for a Production Support Oracle DBA to work on client site within the Financial industry, for a 3 months contract and you will be involved in plan, co-ordinate and administer all functions in support of the Database/BI environments of a very large database containing an Enterprise Data Warehouse system.
This is an immediate start position based in East London.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Database performance monitoring and reporting
- Database optimisation using techniques such as materialized views, parallel processing, partitioning, and indexing
- Perform database and Application Server patching and configuration changes as required
- Perform backup and recovery of data as required.
It is important that you have:
- Minimum of 5 years as an Oracle DBA, at least 2 of which should be with 11g
- Extensive knowledge and experience with SQL, PL/SQL, UNIX
- Good experience and knowledge of performance tuning of very large Oracle databases
- Experienced in database and Application Server patching
- Good understanding of database security techniques, especially the use of VPD, Auditing, FGA
For more details please get in contact. This 3 months contract is immediate start and offers attractive daily rates.