Principal Software Engineer – Data - (AI/ML)
- Job Ref: 6250
- Location: Dubin, Ireland
- Type: Permanent
Currently on the lookout for a Senior Data Engineer (Tech Lead) to join our client based in the financial services industry, you will work within the AI and ML team. You will drive the full end-to-end process from planning, design, development, quality and implementation of the solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in an Information Systems or Computer Science discipline.
- Over 8 years hands-on experience with large-scale data implementations, e.g. on a data lake, data warehouses and reporting platforms.
- Strong hands-on experience of writing and tuning SQL
- You will have a strong Agile background.
- Experience with ETL and ELT development is required
- Familiarity and good understanding of Data Models - relational and dimensional models - is required
- Experience with multiple database technologies, e.g Oracle, Postgres, My SQL, is required and Snowflake is desirable
- Experience with AWS cloud technology is required, including AWS services such as S3 and Dynamo DB.
- Experience with DevOps, CI/CD and software version control, including Cloud Formation Templates, Jenkins Core, and EKS.
- Experience with reporting tools such as Tableau, OBIEE, etc. is a plus
- Programming experience, including RESTful services, is preferred, with Python or Java desirable
Get in touch if you feel this is an opportunity of interest to you. I can provide you with a more detailed spec.
Excellent benefits on offer also.
***Stamp 4, Spouse Visa or EU Citizen only***