Principal Software Engineer
- Job Ref: 5841
- Location: Madrid, Spain
- Type: Permanent
OverviewFor the the world’s largest self-service ticketing platform, as Principal engineer, you’ll be in a preferred position to shape the technical direction of the area and keep ensuring our client's platform. You’ll be challenged to research, design and implement technical solutions and become a point of reference for the engineering teams.
You’ll work closely with the PM and the Engineering Manager and you’ll be responsible for the technical growth of the company, both internally mentoring engineers and externally interacting with many other teams.
THE TECH STACK
The main stack is Python and Django, running on AWS. But more services will be created and their tech stack will keep changing.
THE SKILL SET
- 10+ years building applications in a mainstream programming language, ideally Python
- 3+ years of experience with a web framework, ideally Django
- 3+ years of experience using a SQL database: MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc
- Efficient, practical programmer with a record of producing maintainable code
- Great communication skills and ability to explain complex technical concepts to a varied audience
- Strong software engineering background and experience with cross-team collaboration
- You have experience designing and developing APIs, both internal service and HTTP APIs
- Experience leading technical teams and mentoring engineers
- Advanced English both written and spoken
- Experience using non-relational databases like Elasticsearch and Redis
- Experience with Event-driven architecture patterns, ideally using Kafka
- Comfortable developing in a container environment like Docker
- Familiarity with continuous integration tools like Jenkins or CircleCI