Principal Engineer (R&S)
- Job Ref: 2604
- Location: Dublin, Ireland
- Type: Contract
My Client is looking for Principal Engineer for 6 months’ contract based in Dublin City Centre. The role of the is to deliver high quality systems integration services to company’s customer base and develop in-depth technological knowledge within the specialist domain. The engineer will also feed into the design teams where necessary with responsibility for ensuring technical accuracy of the technology proposed.
- Design and implement solutions based on existing portfolio e.g. Cisco, Fortinet, Checkpoint, Citrix etc. which are underpinned by a solid understanding of IP Networking, Routing and Security.
- Assist in presentations to customers, verbal and written.
- Input to proposals where specific technical authority is required.
- Production of high level & low level design documents
- Assist in the closure of sales opportunities through the demonstration of technical capability and trusted advisor relationship.
- Input to the creation of accurate project plans, test strategies, handover documentation etc.
- Interface with Sales, Pre-sales, Service, Product Management and other areas as necessary to ensure the explicit objectives of the role are delivered upon.
- Generate pull through revenue on engagements through the identification of technological solutions or enhancements following on from initial engagements.
- Support the on-going professional development of the business.
- Participate in product trials and seminars for technological advancement and impart knowledge promptly.
- Handover of project documentation in a formal manner to operations service colleagues and to Customers.
- Maintain certifications which contribute to overall company technical accreditations such as Cisco ATP, Fortinet, Citrix partner etc.
- Contribute toward collaborative mechanisms for communication amongst peers and engineering disciplines throughout the wider eir group.
- Liaise with external customers
- Contribute positively to the overall team culture, design authority and vision
- Complete detailed & on time timesheets and performance management documentation.
- Coach and mentor team members and assume responsibility for lead engineer on specific engagements.
- Participate in on-call rota
Specific Skill for this role:
- Qualification and Experience on Cisco CUCM, Contact Centre Express, Data Centre Routing and Switching, Wireless and UC deployment Skills.
- Cisco CCVP or CCIE Voice / Collaboration
- Cisco CCNP R&S / Wireless
Unfortunately, we can’t offer sponsorship for this role so you must have valid Visa to work in Ireland.