Our Client is a leading provider of asset allocation solutions for retail, institutional, and high net worth clients. The range of investment solutions include accounts, financial planning frameworks and custom solutions.
Strategic Advisers is a registered investment adviser, and We construct and manage asset allocation portfolios for more than a million accounts.
Strategic Advisers is looking for a Portfolio Engineer to join our Dublin, Ireland office. The team is responsible for portfolio construction and trading retail and workplace managed accounts. We employ investment expertise, quantitative techniques, and technology to scale our investment processes across both taxable and tax qualified portfolios with a mix of single and multi-asset class strategies, investing in a range of securities, including stocks, bonds, ETFs, mutual funds, and separately managed accounts.
You will be part of a dynamic group, tasked with developing innovative ways to manage client portfolios at scale. You will work collaboratively within the Systematic Portfolio Engineering team, including mentoring junior team members, to analyze large data sets of portfolio holdings, identify trading opportunities, configure our optimization platform inputs for desired trades, and evaluate portfolio quality. You will monitor portfolio characteristics, understand factor and risk model exposures, perform cross-sectional and time-series analysis to improve investment outcomes, and build processes to facilitate ongoing oversight across millions of data points. You will represent the team in projects with our technology group, providing prototypes, requirements, and business context.
Experience and Education
- Graduate degree in Finance, Engineering, or Computer Science preferred
- 5+ years of meaningful experience in an investment role
- Existing or active progress toward CFA credentials strongly preferred
Skills and Knowledge
- Solid understanding of capital markets
- Deep understanding of portfolio construction, portfolio theory, quantitative portfolio construction techniques, and statistics
- Experience with portfolio optimization software such as Northfield, Axioma, or Barra a plus
- Excellent attention to detail
- Curiosity to investigate issues, creativity to develop solutions, and follow-through to see solutions to implementation
- Experience with SQL, R, Java or Python, and data visualization with Tableau or Spotfire preferred
- Familiarity with data science and machine learning techniques a plus
- Real passion for financial markets, technology, and innovation
- Proven ability to work effectively in a highly collaborative, team-oriented environment
- Excellent written and interpersonal skills