- Job Ref: 4365
- Location: Dublin2, Ireland
- Type: Permanent
Job Title: PMO Analyst
Department: Technology Services
Reporting to (Job Title): PMO Manager
The Programme Management Office provides central co-ordination for projects and programmes within the portfolio and involves tracking/reporting, assurance/quality control, information management, financial tracking, risk/issue tracking, change control, support and knowledge management/learning from experience. The Programme Management Office will add value through the knowledge, skills and experience of its staff.
Overall Purpose of Role
The role of Programme Management Office Analyst is to support the Programme Management Office Team including:
- Governance Co-ordination, tracking status of programme deliverables and milestones
- Enabling the adoption of the project lifecycle and deliverables
- Programme level risk and issue coordination
- Implement regular project and programme level reporting cycles
- Assist the PMO Manager with defining and updating the project management processes, standards and governance
- Manage supply / demand by capture of resource level availability versus project activities
- Project support including ensuring project plans and project documentation are complete
Main Activities and Responsibilities
- Governance & Control – production of plans, timely status reports, RAID logs, including tracking, monitoring and updating the status of programme deliverables
- Working with the PMO Manager, to standardise governance across the portfolio and manage the programme level risks and issues register
- Monitor standards and carry out assurance review processes as required
- Track and report on resource supply versus demand so that resource bottlenecks are identified ahead of time
- Build up a repository of project templates both technical and management to support the Project Managers
- Continue to evolve the processes and templates throughout the project lifecycle
- Co-ordinate production of detailed project plans
- Lead co-ordinate or facilitate project meetings, workshops and board level meetings
- Assist Domain Managers / Project Managers on large projects
- Manage communications from the PMO including regular reporting cycle requests.
- Prepare consolidated material from project reports for monthly review
- Complete and distribute monthly portfolio level reports.
- Monitor and report on projects benefits ensuring that all benefits are planned, monitored and benefits realisation is tracked
- Support implementation of the quality strategy, including any processes and templates, across all projects
- Implement the change control process across all projects and portfolios.
Education, Qualifications and Training (Desirable)
- Ideally PMP or Prince certified / alternative project management training
- Experience of PMO role in programme co-ordination/administration
- Familiarity with the end to end project lifecycle
- Experience of managing projects or managing substantial parts of the project lifecycle
- Experience of working within / developing a structured project management framework
- Knowledge of project management tools and techniques.
- Experience in aviation technologies (navigation/Communications/Surveillance) or related IT discipline
Work Based Competencies (Essential)
- Deep knowledge and experience of Microsoft packages, including Project, PowerPoint, Word and especially MS Excel (ability to develop complex worksheets and macro’s.)
- Strong ability to identify and capture a wide range of data (requirements, schedules risks, milestones, changes etc) interpret results and trends, and determine meaning from the data
- Strong communications skills, both written and verbal
- Understanding of the importance for detail and organisation
- Skill at managing stakeholder groups and balancing diplomacy and tact with assertiveness
- Very good prioritisation skills to balance key priorities
- A strong customer centric approach with focus on continuous improvement
Behavioural Competencies (Essential)
- Leads by example, always strives to do the "right thing", not the "easy thing"
- A team player who is effective in unifying and creating teams of people with disparate skills
- Results focussed and decisive, prioritises effectively, maintains a clear focus and sees action through to delivery
- A self-starter who is energetic, determined, positive, goal focussed and consistent – especially when under pressure
- Excellent interpersonal skills and builds trust at all levels in the organisation demonstrating integrity in all circumstances.
- A problem solver who can analyse complex issues and tease out solutions individually and in team situations