- Job Ref: 3773
- Location: Dublin, Ireland
- Type: Contract
OverviewI have an availability for an experienced Oracle Developer for a 9 months contract with my client based in Dublin City Center area.
Some details about the project:
The goal of this project is to create a database that will store the information about staff across all
HEIs. Ideally these individuals should be able to be tracked from the Student Record System into the Staff Database as they make this transition.
Your main responsibilities in this project will be:
- Create a design and development strategy that facilitates the development of multiple projects including this project.
- Create tables, indexes etc as specified by the code book. Apply appropriate security to the newly created objects.
- General Oracle database maintenance and administration including writing queries for use by Analysts in the Oracle BI tool.
- Updating existing queries required by the Analysts - progression, general enrolment and graduate queries etc.
- Adding fields to the database and BI tool and coding appropriately, as required by the Statistics Unit staff.
- Liaising with HEI SRS staff to coordinate SRS returns and ensure integrity/data quality. Also making improvements to the SRS front end upload facility and managing the graduate outcomes data uploads and BI surfacing.
- Working with Statistics Unit staff on completion analyses. This will require building complex tables tracking students across multiple years.
- Working with IT staff to solve the SRS security issues, possibly requiring migration of the SRS.
- Modification of the existing Oracle BI tool set up to allow Analysts more access to data, including table joins of raw data etc. without requiring SQL code.
- Scoping the possibility of using additional BI tools to enhance analytics capability in the Unit, e.g. SAS Enterprise guide plugged into the Oracle database.
- Working on the geo coding of student address data with Statistics Unit staff, including possibly managing consultants engaged in geo coding address data.
For this project it is required that you have:
- Experience in design and development of secure web applications and Oracle Rest Data Services
- Experience of design and development using SQL, PL/SQL, XML DB, ETL, data cleaning
- Experience in the design, development and management of databases in an Oracle 12C database environment
- Experience of coaching team members on all stages of the development life cycle.
- Experience with hardware, software and computer systems and processes, ideally experience with HTTP server.
*Only applicants eligible to work in Ireland are considered for this position.