Oracle DBA - Leading Irish Retailer
- Job Ref: 4081
- Location: Dublin, Ireland
- Type: Permanent
We are currently looking for an Oracle DBA who would like to develop their skill sets in a diverse and technically challenging environment.
The role, which involves supporting both Production and Development systems, will focus on administering, maintaining, performance tuning of a number of Oracle systems. These include a large Enterprise Data Warehouse on an Oracle/AIX platform, Oracle eBusiness Suite and other database systems supporting key business applications.
- Database performance monitoring and reporting
- Database optimisation using techniques such as materialized views, parallel processing, partitioning, and indexing
- Perform database and application server patching and configuration changes as required
- Perform backup and recovery of data as required.
- Work with Infrastructure and Development teams to provide regular database clones
- Provide support to the developers in the efficient use of SQL and PL/SQ and other tools.
- Database monitoring and performance tuning.
- Assist development and support teams with performance and other issues.
- Maintain Grid Control software
- Minimum of 4 years as an Oracle DBA, at least 2 of which should be with 12C
- A willingness and enthusiasm to learn new technologies within the enterprise space
- Solid knowledge of Oracle Database concepts
- Solid knowledge and experience with SQL, PL/SQL, UNIX/LINUX scripting
- Good experience of RMAN backup and recovery procedures
- Good experience and knowledge of performance tuning of Oracle databases
- Experienced in database and application server patching
- Exposure to Oracle Enterprise Manager 12C
- Flexible to work out of regular working hours, if required
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Knowledge and understanding of the need for formal Change Management
- Experience in administering Oracle RAC and ASM